As we bid 2018 goodbye, I figured that it was only apt for me to do an ubiquitous year end wrap up. Ha!
To be honest, 2018 has been rough, challenging, and oh so unexpected. I learned a lot, met a lot of amazing (and annoying) people, and dove into things I never thought of doing. Needless to say, I had a blast! I have had my heart broken and I have cried multiple times, but I would not have it any other way. So on this post, I will be writing down 18 things that I learned in 2018. Here goes:
- I have learned how to be independent. Living alone can be so challenging, but I have learned that it is possible.
- I have learned how to let go of all the negativity in my life. This was never easy, but I did it!
- I have learned to let go of all the toxic people in my life. Of course, letting people go is always easier said than done. But in 2018, I will forever be proud of myself for doing it.
- I have learned to cook different food from different cuisines. All thanks to Cookly, I get to cook different food from different parts of the world! How awesome is that?
- I have learned to live with people from all over the world. Being a solo traveller, I was accustomed to living by myself and not really mingling with other people. This year, my life completely changed because I had to live with other people–best decision ever, if I am going to be honest. Also, I have learned a lot from these people, and I will forever cherish them.
- I have learned to be patient with children. To be honest, I am not the most patient person when it comes to children, but with the help of teaching, I have learned to overcome this!
- I have learned to be patient with myself. Still learning to do this, but in time, I know that I will get better.
- I have learned how to forgive. Because who are we to not forgive?
- I have learned how to express myself more. Words. You have power in your words.
- I have learned how to live by myself. This comes to context with moving abroad and not having family members around. Possibly, still the one of the best decisions I have made thus far.
- I have learned how to developed a better work ethic. This year, I actually started things and projects that I have intended to do in the past years! Yay!
- I have learned how to be gentle with my soul. Because you should always be gentle with your soul.
- I have learned how to detach myself from the internet. Ah! Spending some time in the mountains of Morocco has completely changed my perspective. A great time to be completely detached with the world wide web.
- I have learned how to love myself more. Because nobody is going to love you like you love yourself.
- I have learned that I should focus on what I want to achieve in the long run. Focusing on my dreams have been a huge part of this year.
- I have learned to respect myself more. In the past, I have thought that making others happy means forgetting that I should be happy too. This changed this year, and I could not be happier.
- I have learned that we should be the church. The church should not be confined to just a building, we should spread the Word of Christ and be the church.
- I have decided to make 2019 as awesome as possible. Need I say more?
There you have it! I would love to know what you learned in 2018. Comment them below!
Happy New Year, everyone! I pray that 2019 treats you better. For now, I have to prepare for our celebration in the mountains of Morocco. Blessings!
“Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here!”
2 Corinthians 5:17 NIV